Home
 

FTC Calendar

previous month April 2015 next month
S M T W T F S
week 14 1 2 3 4
week 15 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
week 16 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
week 17 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
week 18 26 27 28 29 30

Login Form



Worcester County, Maryland Government Website - www.co.worcester.md.us

Currently there is NO Burn Ban in effect in Worcester County

*** RECALL ***
Kidde Recalls Smoke and Combination Smoke/CO Alarms Due To Alarm Failure - CLICK HERE for Link

 
March 30, 2015 - County FMO Assist With Arson Training For Tri-State Fire Investigators
Written by Jeff McMahon   
Tuesday, 31 March 2015 14:22

The Worcester County Fire Marshal's Office, in conjuction with the Ocean City Fire Marshal's Office is assisting the MD/DC Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI) and the Maryland Fire and Explosive Investigator's Association (MFEIA) with a two day training seminar being held in West Ocean City on Tuesday, March 31st and Wednesday, April 1st.  Over 30 Fire and Explosive Investigators from the Tri-state area are training at the Ocean City Station 5 firehouse on Keyser Point Road with a burn and scenario location nearby.  The two days of training specifically deal with evidence collection during a fire investigation.  Instruction includes ATF Chemist from the ATF Lab in Rockville, Maryland as well as other professional forensic experts.

At the completion of the two day Fire and Explosive Investigator's training, the County Fire Marshal's Office will use the same burn props to educate the County's Fire Service Line Officers with a 4 hour arson awareness course Wednesday night.

 
February 26, 2015 - Berlin House Fire
Written by Matt Owens   
Friday, 27 February 2015 11:48

The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office investigated a dwelling fire located at 103 Pine Street, Berlin, Maryland in Worcester County. At approximately 6:30 pm on February 26, 2015 the Berlin and Showell Volunteer Fire Companies were alerted for a reported residential structure fire at the above mentioned address. Upon their arrival, they observed smoke extending from a single story residential dwelling. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the area of origin. The dwelling was owned by Vinod Patel and occupied by Shailesh, Hetal, and Nidhi Patel. All occupants were able to escape and no injuries were reported. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, caused by a candle. Anyone with additional questions is asked to contact Chief Deputy Matthew Owens at 410-632-5666 or by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 
February 10, 2015 - Assisted OCFM with Commercial Structure Fire
Written by Matt Owens   
Thursday, 12 February 2015 10:28

The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office assisted the Ocean City Fire Marshal’s Office at 25 North Philadelphia Avenue, Ocean City, Maryland in Worcester County, the location of the De Lazy Lizard Brew Pub. At approximately 10 am on February 10, 2015 the Ocean City Fire Company was alerted for a reported building fire at the above mentioned address. Upon their arrival, they observed smoke and fire extending from the third floor windows. The fire was quickly escalated to a Second and then Third Alarm. Several neighboring fire companies were alerted to assist at the scene and to standby in Ocean City. Two firefighters and one civilian were transported by EMS to Atlantic General Hospital in Berlin. All were treated and released. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the building of origin. The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office assisted the Ocean City Fire Marshal’s Office with the origin and cause investigation. Any further questions and/or information should be directed to the Ocean City Fire Marshal’s Office at 410-289-8780.

 
January 1, 2015 - Newark Vehicle Fire
Written by Matt Owens   
Monday, 05 January 2015 11:08

The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating a vehicle fire located at 7649 Patey Woods Road, Newark, Maryland in Worcester County. At approximately 1:41 am on January 1, 2015 the Newark and Powellville Volunteer Fire Companies were alerted for a reported vehicle fire at above mentioned address. Upon their arrival, they reported fire extending from a passenger vehicle with exposure to a shed and a mobile home. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the vehicle of origin. The vehicle is owned Valerie Hudson Corbin. No injuries were reported. The cause of the fire remains under investigation. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact Chief Deputy Matthew Owens at 410-632-5666 or by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 
January 9, 2015 - Newark House Fire
Written by Rodney Sharpley   
Tuesday, 10 February 2015 09:50

On January 9, 2015 at 09:35 hours the Worcester County Fire Marshal's Office responded with the Newark and Snow Hill Volunteer Fire Companies to a report of a house fire at 7454 Five Mile Branch Road.  The cause of the fire was contributed to maintenance work being performed in the attic.  The fire is listed as accidental.

 
December 31, 2014 - Stockton House Fire
Written by Matt Owens   
Monday, 05 January 2015 10:59

The Worcester County Fire Marshal’s Office investigated a dwelling fire located at 426 Snow Hill Road, Stockton, Maryland in Worcester County. At approximately 8 am on December 31, 2014 the Stockton, Girdletree, and Greenbackville Volunteer Fire Companies were alerted for a reported residential structure fire at above mentioned location. Upon their arrival, they observed smoke extending from a three story residential dwelling. Several additional fire companies were alerted to assist with the extinguishment of the fire due to the lack of water supply and the type of construction. The fire was placed under control in approximately 3 hours and fire units remained on the scene for approximately 6 hours. The dwelling was owned by Beverly Brown and occupied by Paul and Karen Prettyman. All occupants were able to escape and no occupant injuries were reported. One firefighter suffered minor back injuries during the suppression of the fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, caused by the installation of the wood burning stove. Anyone with additional questions is asked to contact Chief Deputy Matthew Owens at 410-632-5666 or by email at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it .

 
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next > End >>

Page 1 of 47
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack